Typical Excuses For A Lack Of Drive
Adversity can strengthen you if you have the will to grind it out.
Excuses never seem to come to an end during an explanation for why someone did not achieve something they wanted. People are swift to provide excuses for failing to achieve their goals. Their reasons seem to be endless. However, the four most common explanations I encounter are:
- I do not have the money or means to reach my dreams;
- It is tough for a person of my ethnicity or from my country to make it;
- If I were the opposite sex it would be easier; and,
- At my age, it is time to put my dreams aside.
If the above excuse were genuine, many of today's successful entrepreneurs would not exist. Therefore, it is time for you to realize that these excuses are not what is holding you back.
You Lack of Drive Is Why Are Not Achieving Your Dreams
Excuses are a way of hiding your lack of drive. The only thing stopping you from reaching your goals is your lack of drive. One's "drive" is a culmination of:
- Perseverance, and
You alone can achieve any lifestyle or level of success you desire. Of course, there are other obstacles that you may have to overcome to kick your drive into overload.
Goals are Necessary to Stop Excuses
It is important that you have established clear goals. Without goals, you have nothing more than wishes. Goals clearly define a plan for success. Therefore, without goals, you will always fall short. Winners always focus on their goals and strive to minimize all other distractions.
Proof That Money, Ethnicity/Race, Sex, and Age Are Not Valid Excuses
Below is a categorized list of successful people. The categories of the list are ethnicity/race, lower socioeconomic status, age, and sex. The people within each group are discrediting the typical excuses. Thereby, proving that the usual reasons are nothing but a cover-up for lack of drive.
- Damon John, founder, president, and CEO of FUBU.
- Janice Bryant Howroyd, founder and CEO of Act1 Group
- Oprah Gail Winfrey, media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer, and philanthropist.
- Jeff Styers, president, Arrow Strategies.
- Bryan Billingsley is the HEBCO president.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma, founder of digital wallet Paytm, India.
- Jack Ma, is an Alibaba Group co-founder, and executive chair.
- Do Won Chang, founder of Forever 21.
- Robert Herjavec, founder of Herjavec Group.
- Zdeněk Bakala, is a Czech entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist.
- Carlos Castro, president, and CEO of Todos Supermarket.
- Alberto "Beto" Perez, is the founder of Zumba.
Rags to Riches
- Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle.
- John Paul DeJoria is the creator of the John Paul Mitchell System.
Over 50 Years of Age
- Olive Lynch, founder of Green Waste Technologies, Inc.
- Cinde Dolphin, the KILI Medical Drain Carrier founder.
- Ray Kroc, an American fast-food tycoon.
- Huda Kattan, founder of Huda Beauty.
- Vera Wang, former editor of Vogue. A fashion designer, and creator of Vera Wang bridal wear.
- Angie Hicks is the Chief Customer Officer of ANGI Homeservices, Inc and the eponymous co-founder of Angie's List.
- Sara Blakely is the founder of Spanx.
The above is only a partial list of people that have reached high levels of success. All of them represent at least one of the commonly used excuses used by those that did not achieve their dreams.
Using these examples as proof, you can be sure that the typical excuses people provide for not overcoming their perceived adversity and achieving their goals are not valid.
Stop using excuses. Rise, and get what you want out of life.